The PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of College and Career Readiness) testing window will be April 9 – April 20 for all 3rd through 6th grade students. The PARCC assessment is a combination of math and English/language arts tests spread out over 7 sessions (6 sessions for 6th grade). Our 5th grade students will also be taking one science test on April 23. Below you will find a schedule for each grade level:
- 4/9-4/11 – English/language arts testing for 3rd-6th grade
- 4/12, 4/13 & 4/16, 4/17 – Math testing for 3rd-6th grade (no 6th grade test on 4/12).
- 4/18-4/20 – Make-up testing
During testing, we will ensure that we provide the best possible testing environment so that all students have the opportunity to give their full effort. You can help your student do his/her best by:
- making sure, if possible, that your student attends school on the days of testing;
- making sure your student gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing;
- providing a nutritional breakfast on the mornings of testing;
- reminding your student to ask the teacher questions if he/she does not understand the test direction;
- letting your child know that you are confident in his/her ability to do his/her best;
- advising your child not to worry about the test — just to do the best he/she can.