Principal’s Message 12/14
Dear Collins Community,
It is hard to believe that next week is our final week of school in 2018! The students are doing a wonderful job of staying focused on their learning despite the excitement of the season. We are so proud of them.
We would like to thank our PTA volunteers for organizing and helping out at our Holiday Shop both yesterday and today. The students that shopped truly enjoyed the independence of choosing the perfect little something for his/her loved ones. To celebrate the final week before winter break, we will again be having Holiday Spirit Days. Participating in these spirit days is completely optional. Please see the list below if your child is interested in participating.
Monday, December 17th: Holiday hat/headband/hair day!
Tuesday, December 18th: Holiday sock day!
Wednesday, December 19th: Holiday shirt, sweater or sweatshirt day!
Thursday, December 20th: Holiday Name that Tune!
Friday, December 21st: Holiday pajama day!
Please remember, all students will go out for some fresh air for recess when the temperature is above zero degrees with the wind chill. We do monitor the weather up to the last minute and make the decision about recess as close to lunch time as possible. Snow pants and boots are needed if your child wants to play in the snow.
Parking Lot Drop-Off Procedure Reminders
With the winter temperatures we have seen an increase in traffic during our morning drop off. We would like to remind everyone of the procedures we have in place. Please remember that the drop off procedures detailed below are designed with student safety being the priority. We do plan to close the lot at 8:25, however should a bus arrive prior to that time, we will close the lot upon its arrival.
- The front loop of the parking lot will be open for car traffic/parent drop off from 8:15-8:25 each morning. At 8:25, barricades will go up at the entrance closing the lot to car traffic.
- We ask that all traffic pull as far up to the end of the front loop, past the curve, to drop off students. Staff members will be posted along the front lane to assist with drop off and keep traffic moving. Please be mindful of their requests to pull up as far as possible before allowing students out of your vehicle. By pulling forward, we will decrease the back-up on Summit.
- Parents should stay in the car and the student(s) must exit through the passenger side of the car only with all of their belongings. Please note, in order to successfully keep the traffic moving, students should be ready to hop out quickly.
- Students will walk on the sidewalk and will be able to enter the building at the closest entrance (Door 1 or Door 2).
- All traffic exiting the parking lot during morning drop off will be asked to make a right turn only onto Summit between 8:15 and 8:40.
- All vehicular traffic in the drop off lane needs to be in single file. Cars should not attempt to go around any stopped daycare busses and/or cars.
- All traffic will use the lane closest to the school to drop off students. All other parking lot lanes will be closed from 8:15-8:40 to eliminate cars pulling in and out of parking spots during this time. Should parents park in the parking spot prior to 8:15, we ask that they remain parked there until 8:40 after all busses have unloaded and departed.
- Doors (1, 2 and 8) will be open for students to stand in the foyer from 8:20-8:25 every morning. At the 8:25 bell, students will go to their classrooms.
Just a reminder that the parent survey will be available online through Feb. 15, 2019, athttps://survey.5-essentials.org/Illinois.
2019 Multicultural Event Performance Information and Interest Form
District 54 is once again excited to host our annual Multicultural Event in collaboration with the Schaumburg Park District. Our event will be held on Saturday, March 16, 2019 at the Community Recreation Center (CRC) in Schaumburg. During the event, student groups have the opportunity to give performances that reflect various cultures.
If you are interested in performing, please complete and submit the online Performance Interest Form no later than Monday, December 17. More information can be found on the Performance Information Flyer.
There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, December 6 at 3:30 p.m. at the Professional Learning Center, 524 E. Schaumburg Road. During this meeting, you will have the opportunity to learn more about the performances, as well as how you might be able to help with the event.
If you have questions about the Performance Interest Form or the informational meeting, please contact Nancy Hellstrom at (847) 357-5068 or Nicole Lumpp at (847) 357-5072.
Evento Multicultural 2019 Formulario de Información e Interés para Actuaciones
Una vez más el Distrito 54 está entusiasmado de poder presentar una vez mas nuestro evento multicultural anual en colaboración con el Distrito de Parques de Schaumburg. Este evento se llevará a cabo el sábado 16 de marzo de 2019 en el Community Recreation Center (CRC) en Schaumburg. Durante el evento, los estudiantes tienen la oportunidad de presentar actos grupales que reflejen diversas culturas.
Si usted está interesado en presentar un acto, complete y someta el Formulario de Información e Interés para Actuaciones en línea a más tardar el lunes 17 de diciembre. Puede encontrar más información en el folleto de información sobre actuaciones.
Habrá una reunión informativa el jueves 6 de diciembre a las 3:30 p.m. en el Centro de Aprendizaje Profesional (524 E. Schaumburg Road). Durante esta reunión, usted tendrá la oportunidad aprender más sobre los requisitos para someter actuaciones y también como usted puede ayudarnos con el evento.
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre el formulario de interés para presentar actuaciones y/o la reunión informativa, por favor, siéntase en la libertad de ponerse en contacto con Nancy Hellstrom (847) 357-5068 o Nicole Lumpp (847) 357-5072.
Dec. 21st – Winter break begins at 3:00 PM
Jan. 7th – School Resumes
Jan. 9th – PTA meeting @ 6:00 PM
Have a wonderful weekend!
Nell Haack and Katie Kurtz
Principal Assistant Principal