Principal’s Message 4/5
Dear Collins Community,
We hope that everyone had a wonderful week. Spring is definitely not being consistent with us! We reminded students today to check the weather each morning so they are dressed appropriately for recess. Our Annual Collins Fun Fair is right around the corner and we are still in need of volunteers to make it happen. Please see below for more information.
Please remind your child that the Ragin Waves Fitness Logs are due this coming Monday, April 8th.
Collins Fun Fair – Friday, April 12th
Collins Annual Family Fun Night will be Friday, April 12 from 6:00-9:00 pm at the school. Join us for a fun night of games, activities, prizes, and food!
- We still need a few more parent or family volunteers for the second shift 7:15pm -9:15pm to help with food court and prize room, please sign up using this link if you are available: Volunteer Sign-Up sheet. Your time is greatly appreciated.
- We are seeking donations of store-bought, nut-free desserts for the cake walk. You can send your donations to school with your child on Friday April 12 only, please. There will be a cart outside the school office for desserts.
- Students will be able to purchase Pre-Sale tickets during lunch hours on Friday April 12. Please see flyer coming home next week for more information on ticket purchases.
Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR)
Our third through sixth grade students will begin to take the Illinois Assessment of Readiness on April 8th. During testing, we will ensure that we provide the best possible testing environment so that all students have the opportunity to do their best. You can help your student do his/her best by:
- making sure, if possible, that your student attends school on the days of testing;
- making sure your student gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing;
- providing a nutritional breakfast on the mornings of testing;
- letting your child know that you are confident in his/her ability to do his/her best;
- advising your child not to worry about the test — just to do the best he/she can.
Please see the specific schedule below.
|Monday, April 8th||3rd – 6th grades||ELA 1|
|Tuesday, April 9th||3rd – 6th grades||ELA2|
|Wednesday, April 10th||3rd – 6th grades||Math1|
|Thursday, April 11th||3rd – 5th grades||Math 2|
|Friday, April 12th||4th – 5th grades
|Monday, April 15th||3rd and 6th grades||Math 3|
Collins Art Show
You are invited to the 2019 Collins Art Show on Monday, April 22nd from 4-5 PM. Every student will have an artwork displayed in the show fitting with the theme “Seasons”. Students who attend will receive a full stamp card and a certificate for their achievement in art! The show is an open-house style art show. Walk around, take photos in the photo booth, and write a fan letter to an artist you are impressed by!
April 8th – 16th – IAR for 3rd – 6th grade students
April 12th – Collins Fun Fair 6:00-9:00 PM
April 19th – No School
April 22nd – Collins Art Show Open House 4:00-5:00 PM
April 26th – Fun at Frost Night for 6th grade students attending Frost 6:15-8:00 PM
April 26th – Welcome to Mead Night for 6th grade students attending Mead 5:30-7:00 PM
May 1st – Half Day dismissal @ 11:40 AM
Nell Haack and Katie Kurtz
Principal Assistant Principal